Welcome to BookConsumer.co.uk
brought to you by Nielsen Market Research
The book trade’s exclusive resource for understanding book buying behaviour.
Established in 1990 as BML, Nielsen Market Research is the leading provider of market research information and business intelligence on book consumers. We monitor the British book market through Books & Consumers, the premier resource for understanding consumer book buying behaviour, as well as undertaking adhoc research for a wide range of clients using a variety of methodologies and data sources.
Books & Consumers collects information on consumer book purchasing from all sources from 3,000 book buyers aged 13-84 each month. This continuous survey provides a wealth of information, including:
- Market size and segmentation by publisher, channel, genre, format (including ebooks)
- Price and discounting information
- Buyer and reader profiles for genres
- Publisher and retailer strength and weakness analyses
- Detailed competitor profiles
- Importance of various purchase prompts
- Impulse vs planned purchases
- Online and offline activities of book consumers
- Print and social media used by book consumers
- Hardware ownership and devices used for reading ebooks
Prices for data range from £195 for a demographic profile to £3,000 per month for a complete subscription. Standard reports are available from our store
, or we can produce customised reports to order; please see here
for more details.
For slide shows previewing our data, please see here.